Organising Your Business
By, Karen Koedding, A Little Elf
Now is the time to get your business organised! A Little Elf recommends you take some time to get your working environment in top shape. Here are some great Financial New Year’s resolutions you can make:
- Set up an efficient, streamlined filing system that is easy to use.
- Fix any broken or damaged office equipment, or if it’s irreparable, throw it away or recycle it.
- Clear up the software icons and files on your desktop…delete or file into document folders. Find some clear space on your desktop!
- Back up your computer hard drive- it’s a good idea to set a reminder in your Calender to do this regularly. If you need help in Sydney, contact Mosaic IT and tell them A Little Elf sent you. They can set up a backup system that you won’t need to do anything to backup regularly.
- Go through all the messy bits of paper or post-it notes you have lying on your desk/ stuck to your computer- copy down any of the important information, phone numbers or appointments into a notebook or on your computer and throw the rest away (shred any sensitive information)
- Sort through your email inbox and file your emails into appropriate categories. If possible, archive old emails and start new folders for this year.
- Set up your new financial year accounting files, whether it is suspension files in a filing cabinet or a binders. Indicate the year on all labels, this allows for easy archiving, and easy destruction once the record keeping time frame expires.
- Implement a policy that everyone’s desk/office space needs to be clear and organised at the end of the day.
Copyright A Little Elf 2009. All rights reserved.
We help you with decluttering, organizing, time management and move management.
We also offer courses for female entrepreneurs and training for Professional Organizers.